Lax On, Rust Off - March 17, 2018
Tournament Geared to A-Level Rec & Town Teams
A NoVa Pre-Season REC League Tradition!
**Capital Lacrosse Club reserves the right to give entry preference to rec & town teams over club teams**
2018 Individual Player Registration is now open!
CLICK HERE to register an individual player.
**no free agent players, must have a team to register for**
2018 TEAM RESERVATION IS OPEN (see below)!
Welcome to the home of the 6th Annual Lax On, Rust Off Tournament!
The tournament is being held at Word of Grace (Old Redskins Park) in Herndon, Virginia on March 17th and it is the perfect opportunity to shake off the rust and sharpen your lacrosse skills before the spring season starts! This is also a GREAT opportunity to play full-field lacrosse as a team against similar competition without affecting your hometown league standings. The history of the tournament is to support the health and growth of our local rec & town leagues. Without vibrant and healthy rec/town programs - the broader game will wither on the vine.
Open to: Elementary and Middle School teams with THREE age divisions
G78 Division - 15 teams max
G56 Division - 5 teams max
G34 Division - 10 teams max
-G56 & G78 Format: Full Field Games
-G34 Format: Modified Field Games
-Each team guaranteed four 20-minute games, central horn, games played on artificial turf fields.
-Game schedules to be announced.
-Play will begin at 8.00am and conclude no later than 8.00pm under the lights!!
-All players must have a valid US Lacrosse Membership!
Where: Word of Grace (Old Redskins Park)
13832 Redskin Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
Cost: $49/player + $100 REFUNDABLE TEAM deposit (see below).
For G56 & G78 Teams:
-Minimum team size is 15
-Maximum team size is 24
For G34 Teams:
-Minimum team size is 11
-Maximum team size is 20
-Cost includes t-shirt, field rental, umpire fees, and athletic trainer
***TEAM RESERVATIONS ARE NOW OPEN - PLEASE CLICK BELOW (player reservations will open soon)***
*G34 - <RESERVE G34 TEAM HERE>
*G56 - <RESERVE G56 TEAM HERE>
*G78 - <RESERVE G78 TEAM HERE>
*Capital Lacrosse Club kindly asks that programs register one team per age group (initially) to allow as many kids as possible from various programs access to the tournament.
*Capital Lacrosse Club reserves the right to give entry preference to rec & town teams over club teams.
*If you plan to register a team, you are committed to having each player register using the LORO Registration, Electronic Payment & Waiver Link that will be provided to you. The link to this form will be sent to coaches and it is the coaches' responsibility that all participating players complete this registration form or the team will not be allowed to participate.
*A certified trainer will be on-site and a concession stand will be available throughout the day. Each team is to provide a matching team jersey/reversible pinnie for every player, and must field a fully equipped goalie. Field players must provide their own lacrosse stick, goggles, and mouth piece. All players should bring water.
The limited number of spots go fast, so act now to secure a spot for your Team!
- Teams will be accepted on a first come – first serve basis. While we will welcome club/tourney teams, Capital Lacrosse Club reserves the right to give entry preference to rec & town teams over club teams. The tournament is geared toward high-level rec/town teams. All participants should understand the focus of the tournament prior to committing.
- All players must have a valid US Lacrosse Member Number to register.
- An online Team Reservation and a $100 deposit is required to reserve your team’s spot in the tournament. Your deposit will be refunded after the tournament and your team has participated and NOT forfeited any games in the tournament.
- Teams not registered with their minimum player count by February 28th may be required to forfeit their spot to a team from the waiting list.
- A $10.00 late fee will be assessed for each player registering after March 10th.
- All registration will be done online.
- When a Team Reservation is received, the team contact will be issued a registration link to distribute and assist in the registration process for their team.
- Teams are to provide their own matching uniforms.
- Player fee includes tournament T-shirt, fields, certified trainers & officials.
- Players are responsible for bringing all required equipment. Goalies must have a NOCSAE certified helmet, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, girdle/pelvic protection, sticks and mouthpiece. Field players must have NOCSAE certified goggles, stick and a mouthpiece.
- Sportsmanship is valued over victory.
- G56 & G78 teams will play FULL FIELD 12 on 12 games (4 attackers, 3 midfielders, 4 defenders, 1 goalie).
- G34 teams will play MODIFIED FIELD 8 on 8 games.
- Championship games will be played in all divisions.
- Each championship team will be provided with up to 24 tournament champion t-shirts.
- A Certified Athletic Trainer will be on-site throughout the day.
- Games will be played rain or shine and in compliance with standard severe weather guidelines.
- All players, parents and coaches must abide by the code of conduct set forth by facility owners, CYA and Word of Grace Church, as noted <HERE>
- Any player electing to play for more than one team must register for and be rostered on both - no exceptions. Should a player be found to be playing on two teams but only rostered on one, both of her teams will be forced to forfeit all games for the tournament.